The Aggrolites Announce Auckland ShowTuesday 22nd March, 2011 1:15PM
LA reggae outfit The Aggrolites have been announced to play a one off show in Auckland next month....
Wednesday 27th April, Kings Arms Tavern - Auckland
Tickets on sale from here at UTR, Real Groovy and Rhythm Records from this Friday (25th March).
Here's a cute video for their track "Banana" and you can download a new track via the widget below.
In support of their brand new album ‘Rugged Road’ the purveyors of dirty reggae bring their feel good riddims to New Zealand!
THE AGGROLITES one NZ show only, Wednesday 27th April 2011- Kings Arms Tavern, Tickets on sale Friday 25th March and available from www.undertheradar.co.nz Rhythm Records Ponsonby & Real Groovy Auckland
The Aggrolites upbeat, soul-infused reggae attack puts the Rock back in Rocksteady and the dirty into Dirty Reggae! Mixing ska, Motown and punk-rock energy with Jamaican rhythm, The Aggrolites tear it up with the intensity of The Clash, The Meters, Toots & the Maytals and the heart of the Caribbean.
Out of the Los Angeles school of hard knocks, The Aggrolites have earned a Ph.D in "feel good music". On the road they educate with the thunder and punch of the reggae drums and bass, the ripping, soulful melodies of the organ and guitars, and Jesse Wagner’s unique voice.
So, drop all your troubles and kick your baggage to the curb, The Aggrolites are coming to town!
Their new album (their 5th) Rugged Road will be released in April 2011.
· The Aggrolites originally formed in 2002 as a live backing band for reggae icon Derrick Morgan.
· They have four other full-length albums to their credit - Dirty Reggae (Axe 2003), The Aggrolites (Hellcat 2006) Reggae Hit L.A. (Hellcat 2007) and IV (Hellcat 2009)
· In 2007, the band also collaborated with Rancid front-man Tim Armstrong on his solo A Poet's Life (Hellcat 2007) CD/DVD release.
· The Aggrolites are well represented in film, television and video games.
· The Aggrolites have shared the stage with Social Distortion, Madness, Rancid, Flogging Molly, 311, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Dropkick Murphys, The Vandals, Against Me!, Gogol Bordello, The Aquabats, Hepcat, The Skatalites, Prince Buster and Derrick Morgan.
· They have graced the stages at such notable events as Vans Warped Tour, SXSW, Bumbershoot, CMJ, Sundance Film Festival, L.A. Film Fest, Sunset Junction, Detour Music Fest, KROQ’s Weenie Roast, 94/9 Independence Jam and Ragga Muffins Fest. In 2009, they will add Coachella, Fuji Rock in Japan, West Coast Riot, Open Air St. Gallen, Pohoda Festival, Rebellion Festival, Chiemsee Reggae Festival, Couvre Feu Festival, among numerous others around the world to this growing festival list.